Sanus really did a great thing with the VMF518 full-motion wall mount. It comes at a decent price and offers a lot of flexibility. The abilities to pan, tilt and swivel all worked very well. Not to mention that it can extend out.
It extends just a bit more than some other models from Sanus which is a very good thing. This will allow for easy cable management and for proper control over your viewing angle. The instruction was also quite clear.
SANUS VMF518-B1 TV Wall Mount
- Product Brand: SANUS
- Model Code: VMF518
- Wall Mount Width: 17.22″ / 43.74cm
- Wall Mount Height: 19.04″ / 48.36cm
- Wall Mount Depth: 3.32″ – 18.97″ / 8.43cm – 48.18cm
- Wall Mount Weight: 13.87lbs / 6.29kg
- TV Size Range: 40″ – 50″ / 101.60cm – 127.00cm
- Maximum TV Weight: 75lbs / 34.02kg
- Degree of Pan: 90° / -90°
- Degree of Tilt: 12° / -12°
- Degree of Swivel: 90° / -90°
Supported VESA Patterns
Even though the VMF518-B1 wall mount only supports 40 inches to 50-inch TVs, it surprisingly supported a big number of VESA patterns. Remember to be sure you check the weight of your TV before settings your sights on this wall mount.
- VESA 100 x 200
- VESA 200 x 200
- VESA 200 x 300
- VESA 200 x 400
- VESA 300 x 200
- VESA 300 x 300
- VESA 300 x 400
- VESA 400 x 200
- VESA 400 x 300
- VESA 400 x 400
Tools You Will Need For Installation
You are most likely to have the needed tools for the installation, but if you do not, I have listed the needed to tools below. This is for the VMF518-B1 wall mount, and other tools may be needed for other wall mounts.
- 7/32″ Drill Bit
- 3/8″ Masonry Bit (Concrete)
- Hammer hammer-trt
- Electric Drill
- 1/2″ Socket Wrench wrench
- Phillips Head Screwdriver
- Tape Measure
How To Install The SANUS VMF518-B1
The instructions are very simple and easy to follow. It’s always a simple 1, 2, and 3 process with Sanus products. If you get lost I’ve broken the steps up a bit more below. Good luck!
Step 1 – Wall Bracket
1-1 Find the TV screws and insert them into the back of the TV.
1-2 Determine if the provided spacers are needed.
1-3 Measure your TV’s VESA pattern
1-4 Using the correct bracket, attach to the VESA holes on your TV.
Step 2 – Wall Plate
2-1 If using the stud finder, find the studs in your wall
2-2 If you have concrete walls, measure and apply wall anchors.
2-3 Once holes are made or anchored, attach the wall plate to the wall.
Step 3- Attach Bracket to Wall Plate
3-1 Final Step The locking tab needs to be in the unlocked position before attaching the TV to the wall plate. Once the TV is on the wall plate, the locking tab needs to be in a locked position.
HEAVY! YOU MAY NEED ASSISTANCE WITH THIS STEP.
If you are new to wall mounts and TV maintenance, Sanus offers a complete package that comes with all the needed tools and accessories to get you off on the foot with your TV.
Benefits of Using a Full-Motion Wall Mount
Using a full-motion wall mount for your TV can offer a range of benefits, including:
- Greater flexibility: Full-motion wall mounts allow you to adjust the tilt, swivel, and pan of your TV, giving you greater flexibility in finding the perfect viewing angle. This means that you can easily adjust the TV to minimize glare or reflections, or to get a better view from a different part of the room.
- Space-saving: By mounting your TV on the wall, you can free up valuable floor space in your room, which can be particularly helpful in smaller spaces.
- Improved viewing experience: A full-motion wall mount can help you achieve the ideal viewing experience by allowing you to adjust the angle of your TV. This can help reduce eye strain and neck pain, and make your overall viewing experience more comfortable.
- Better cable management: Full-motion wall mounts often come with built-in cable management systems, which can help keep your cords organized and tidy. This can help reduce clutter and make your space look neater and more organized.
- Secure mounting: By using a full-motion wall mount, you can ensure that your TV is securely mounted to the wall, which can help prevent accidents and damage to your TV.
How to Choose the Right Wall Mount for Your TV
Choosing the right wall mount for your TV can be a daunting task, but here are some factors to consider that can help you make the right decision:
- TV size and weight: The first thing to consider is the size and weight of your TV. Most wall mounts have specific weight and size limits, so make sure to choose a mount that is designed to support your TV.
- VESA compatibility: VESA is the standard for the pattern of screw holes on the back of your TV. Before purchasing a wall mount, make sure to check that the mount is compatible with your TV’s VESA pattern.
- Type of wall: The type of wall you have can affect the type of wall mount you need. If you have a concrete or brick wall, you may need a different type of wall mount than if you have drywall.
- Viewing angle: Consider the viewing angle that you want to achieve. Do you want a fixed mount, which keeps your TV in one position, or do you want a full-motion mount, which allows you to adjust the viewing angle?
- Cable management: Wall mounts with built-in cable management can help keep your cords organized and tidy, which can improve the look of your space.
- Budget: Wall mounts can vary greatly in price, so consider your budget when choosing a mount. Remember that a more expensive mount may offer more features and better quality, but you can also find affordable options that still meet your needs.