The Samsung NU6900 is a decent entry-level 4K LCD TV. It has a great picture quality with a strong native contrast ratio but lacks other more advanced features such as local dimming to enhance image quality. It can’t get very bright and has no wide range of colors, so it can’t deliver better HDR performance.
It has a low input lag and quick response time, which is perfect for playing, but the motion handling is only mediocre. The Samsung NU6900 is the best 4K ultra-HD smart TV resolution that can afford at a low price.
It has a very attractive design and the quality of the plastics are fantastic. It has a low input lag so the people who like to play games more on the TV feel a great experience without any lagging and love this TV.
- Proctor: enjoy millions of shades of color, fine-tuned to create an incredibly vibrant picture
- Motion Rate 120: smooth action on fast-moving content
- HDR: View stunning high-dynamic-range content with a TV designed to support HDR10+
- Smart TV: Access your streaming services all in one place using the Samsung remote control
- Built-In Wi-Fi Connectivity
- HDR10, HDR10+, HLG Support
- UHD 3840 x 2160 LED Panel
Things need to know
There’s Wi-Fi and Ethernet connectivity, two HDMI inputs, with support for Audio Return Channel, plus a USB connection and DLNA streaming.
Our 2018 Samsung TV reviews centered primarily on premium 4K QLED models such as QE55Q8DN, though we’ve also announced the first-ever 8K QLED TVs, QE65Q900R, and QE85Q900R.
In 2019, we had seen the amazing 65 of Samsung QE65Q90R, the four-star QE55Q85R, and also the 8 K Q900R.
Samsung still has a variant at the more inexpensive end of the sector. A range of 4 K TVs has been doing well over the years with 4 K versions such as the Samsung UE49RU8000earning five stars.
This shows that you don’t have to invest significant sums of cash to get an outstanding picture performance.
TV Size Available
While Samsung QLED TVs might be the best TV brand on the current 4K TV market, not everyone has the budget to fund one of these flagship sets.
Thankfully, like most TV manufacturers, Samsung has a generous spread of 4K alternatives at a range of sizes at the best prices.
One such range is the Samsung NU6900, an entry-level LED TV model that launched in 2018, and it’s definitely one to consider now that its price has dropped.
The Sasmung NU6900 TV range spans five different screen sizes: Samsung nu6900 43 inch (UE43NU6900/UN43NU6900), Samsung nu6900 50 inch (UE50NU6900/UN50NU6900), Samsung nu6900 55 inch (UE55NU6900/UN55NU6900), Samsung nu6900 65 inch (UE65NU6900/UN65NU6900) and 75 inch (UE75NU6900/UN75NU6900). And with prices starting at $230, this is a real cheap 4K TV bargain.
A good deal for this big TV – this 65in HDR set features HDR10+ technology and an LED display.
The design quality of the Samsung NU6900 series is brilliant and fundamentally the same as the better quality model NU7100. The TV casing is made of plastic however this doesn’t look terrible.
The stand of the Samsung NU6900 is plastic and supports the TV well. It is somewhat not quite the same as the remainder of the NU7100. Shockingly, it isn’t tall and you may hinder a little piece of the base edge of your screen in the event that you place a soundbar in front of it.
Samsung NU6900’s build quality is all perfect. There are no openings and you don’t have any issues with it, but this TV shows the plastic texture everywhere. The borders with a smooth bezel are of normal width.
These are made entirely of plastic with a glossy finish that clearly shows fingerprints. The TV features a Slim Design at 38.1in x 22.5in x 3.1 in with a simple stand that has a foot at either end so if you choose one of the larger screen sizes, make sure your stand is wide enough.
Samsung NU6900 Specs
|Screen Size (Diagonal)
|3840 x 2160
|HDR10, HDR10+, Hybrid Log-Gamma
|2 x HDMI Type A
1 x F-Type (RF Antenna)
|1 x TOSLINK Optical (Digital Audio)
|Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac)
|1 x USB (Version Unspecified) (Audio, Photo, Video, Control)
The Samsung NU6900 has good image quality with an outstanding contrast ratio and exceptional color accuracy out of the case. It can’t get sufficiently splendid to defeat glare and it can’t show the chief’s plan while showing HDR content because of the absence of a wide color gamut. Review edges are terrible, and reflection dealing with is fair. A little diminished room is the best condition for this TV picture quality.
The Samsung NU6900 TV native contrast ratio is fantastic. It has the best native contrast ratios in LED TVs and in the same range as more expensive models like the Samsung Q7cN. Unfortunately, a local dimming feature is not provided by the TV to further boost contrast.
- Movies – This Television is fine to watch movies. Also with an excellent contrast ratio, it’s difficult to enhance the picture quality in a dark space since it doesn’t have central dimming. The black uniformity is still fantastic, though, and dark scenes are satisfying to display in a dark room.
- TV shows – The Samsung NU6900 is a good tv system to stream TV shows. It has good handling of reflection and can brighten up decently for an average lit space. The NU6900 is very successful at upscaling cable content and should impress most tv program, enthusiasts. It also has a choice to attach interpolation of motion for those loving the soap opera effect.
- Sports – The Samsung NU6900 is a great sports-watching TV. This has good handling of the reflection such that you can place it in an average lit room with a few light sources, and a rather fast response time such that quick action has no blur.
- Video Games – The NU6900 is perfect for video game playback. It has a very low input lag which makes it very responsive, and very fast response time for pixels so that quick action has no blur. Unfortunately, to further enhance the gameplay experience, it does not provide support for any variable refresh rate technology, although it does allow black frame insertion (BFI) to further make the picture clearer.
- PC Monitor – The Samsung NU6900 is a good PC monitor for use as a TV set. It has a low input lag, very quick response time, and the most popular resolutions can be displayed. Unfortunately, the viewing angles are poor, so the edges can appear darker if you sit near the screen. On the upside it supports chroma 4:4:4; this ensures that when you use it as a PC display you can get a clear picture.
- HDR Gaming – The Samsung NU6900 is a good TV for HDR gaming. This is due mainly to the very low input lag at 4k @ 60Hz + HDR and the fast response time that leaves only a little blur in fast action. Unfortunately, the TV can’t display HDR content as the director intended as it can’t get very bright and doesn’t have a wide color gamut. Therefore, although it’ll be responsive when gaming in HDR, the picture quality won’t be what you’d expect.
Samsung NU6900’s motion handling is only average. The reaction time is good, but at 120Hz the television has a flicker that could annoy certain viewers. The usability of movement interpolation is good and the capability of the BFI helps make the picture crisper.
Unfortunately, like the majority of the Samsung NU product line’s lower-end versions, the Samsung NU6900 is unable to delete 24p judger from any origin.
The sound quality of the Samsung NU6900 is average. This TV gets tolerably loud, yet may not be loud enough for bigger and noisier environments. It likewise has a better-than-average bass, however, it doesn’t create any thumb or thunder in the sub-bass range and comes up short on a touch of punch and body to the bass too. For a superior sound, committed speakers or soundbars are prescribed (see our suggestions for the best soundbars).
Smart TV features
The Samsung NU6900 TV model from Samsung has the same interface as the NU71000. It is quick, easy to navigate, and performs well, even if there is some lag in accessing it from within the device that accompanies it. Unfortunately, there are advertisements that can not be skipped, like all Samsung TVs, and the Samsung Remote App is very basic compared to other TV brands ‘ applications, while easy.
You can view high-dynamic-range content with the Samsung NU6900 Series TV, which supports the HDR10, HDR10+, and HLG (Hybrid Log-Gamma) HDR formats. It also meets the CTA HDR-Compatible Definition. But it has some flaws, like a limited port selection, middling picture quality, and a less expansive collection of Smart TV Features than other Samsung sets.
Does Samsung NU6900 43 Have Bluetooth?
Yes, the Samsung NU6900 43 TV has Bluetooth capabilities. It can be connected to Bluetooth-enabled devices such as headphones, speakers, and smartphones.
Do Samsung TVs Last Long?
Samsung TVs are known for their durability and longevity. They are built with high-quality materials and undergo rigorous testing to ensure their reliability. However, the lifespan of a Samsung TV can vary depending on usage, maintenance, and other factors.
What Year Was The Samsung NU6900 43 Released?
The Samsung NU6900 43 TV was released in 2018.
What is the refresh rate?
The Samsung NU6900 TV has a Motion Rate of 120, which means it has a refresh rate of 60Hz.
Does the Samsung NU6900 TV support Dolby Vision?
No, the Samsung NU6900 TV does not support Dolby Vision. It supports HDR10, HDR10+, and HLG HDR formats.
How many watts is the speaker output?
The Samsung NU6900 TV has a 2-channel speaker system with a total output of 20 watts.
What is the viewing angle of the Samsung NU6900 TV?
The viewing angle of the Samsung NU6900 TV is average. It has a narrow viewing angle, which means the picture quality degrades when viewed from the side.
Does it have a voice assistant?
No, the Samsung NU6900 TV does not have a built-in voice assistant. However, it is compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant through an external device such as an Amazon Echo or Google Home.
How do I update the software on my Samsung NU6900 TV?
You can update the software on your Samsung NU6900 TV by going to the Settings menu, selecting Support, and then selecting Software Update. If an update is available, follow the on-screen instructions to download and install it.
Can I connect a keyboard and mouse to my TV?
Yes, you can connect a USB keyboard and mouse to your Samsung NU6900 TV. This can make it easier to navigate the TV’s menus and use apps.
Can I mount tit on the wall?
Yes, the Samsung NU6900 TV is compatible with VESA wall mounts. The VESA pattern for the TV is 200 x 200 mm.
The Samsung NU6900 TV produces decent picture quality. This includes the higher native contrast ratio, quick response time, and low input lag. The Samsung NU6900 delivers decent picture quality but sacrifices most features such as local dimming to increase the image quality. It cannot produce HDR performance because it does not have a wide range of color gamuts and it can’t get very bright.
Experience the new world and experience a captivating level of reality with the Samsung NU6900 55 “4 K HDR Driven Smart TV. A broad variety of real-life colors can make you feel like you’re part of the action, including super whites and dark blacks to draw you into every detail.
NU6900 models achieve Maximum HD resolution four times and feature a strong UHD engine that delivers customized content to near-4 K standard. With its stylish Slim feel, the UHD TV looks amazing from every perspective. The Clean Cable Solution hides all your cables from view, so you can appreciate the quality of your new Smart Hub without interruption.