Samsung The Frame is an extremely better television set designed to blend into your decoration and display a piece of art when the television is idle. Like its predecessor, Samsung The Frame 2019, its borders can be customized and, thanks to the included no-gap wall mount and the One Connect Box, it can be wall-mounted to look like real artworks.
It uses QLED technology from Samsung to provide decent picture quality and gamers should breathe a sigh of comfort because it also has extremely low input lag and support for FreeSync.
This 2023 model greatly improves the contrast ratio and peak brightness, making it a great choice for watching HDR content, but unfortunately, its viewing angles are often just as poor and that there is no local dimming. Even so, if you are looking for a television that stands out by blending in, that might be the one.
The Frame TV – Samsung – Where Art Meets Technology
Available on Amazon
The Frame 2023 has good reliability. It’s very similar to its predecessor, Samsung The Frame 2019, with just a few improvements to the stand and back. It still has the One Connect box, so there’s only one cable leading up to the television, which is great for a clean setup. The bezels on all sides are thin and there is no Samsung brand name on the front anyplace. It continues to support the no-gap wall mount by Samsung that is included in the box.
The stand is thinner and has a more industrial design than the sleek, cylindrical stand on the 2019 Frame. It provides good support but when pushed the broadcast tv still wobbles. 55 “stand footprint: 39.8” x 8.4
Extraordinary build quality. Though mostly plastic, the television feels very well-built, and there are no clearance issues. The TV wobbles some more and when it’s mounted on the stand our unit leans backward; however, this TV is meant to be wall-mounted, as the mounting accessories are even included in the box.
The Frame 2023 has an outstanding contrast ratio. Blacks look deep and inky, that’s great for viewing the darkroom. Unfortunately, there is no local dimming to further improve it. The Frame 2023 doesn’t have a local dimming feature. The video above is provided for reference only.
The Frame 2023 is a decent television for movie watching. Its VA panel has a high native contrast ratio, ideal for watching in dark rooms. It can display nearly as much 1080p content as native 4k content and can remove judger from any source. It does not have local dimming, alas, and its low viewing angles render it less ideal for wide seating arrangements.
For TV Shows:
The Frame 2023 is a good television set for watching TV shows. It has a great brightness peak and decent handling of reflections, which is well suited for bright rooms. Lower resolution cable TV content is well upscaled, and if you leave it on the news all day, there’s no risk of permanent burn-in. But the VA panel has bad viewing angles, making it less suitable if you want to do chores or walking around while watching.
The 2023 frame is a great Television for watching sports. Motion handling is great so in fast-moving action sequences, there’s only short distortion trails and very little unclean display effect, which is great. Reflection handling is reasonably good and in any type of room setting the TV can be bright enough to overcome glare. However, it’s not the best choice for watching with a large of people, as its VA panel has poor viewing angles.
The Frame 2023 is an amazing gaming TV set. It has a low input lag that makes any button press feel amazingly sensitive and supports variable refresh rate technology such as FreeSync and the VRR for the HDMI Forum. Its refresh rate of 120Hz and quick response time render movement appear silky smooth and it’s high contrast ratio is perfect for gaming in the dark.
The Screen 2023 is a good television set to watch HDR films. Its VA panel has an extraordinary contrast ratio and background uniformity to produce deep blacks, but it has, unfortunately, no local dimming to enhance it even further. It can show a wide gamut of colors to produce vibrant and vivid colors, and when watching in a dark room it becomes decently bright to bring out highlights. However, its peak brightness isn’t enough to make HDR content look significantly better than SDR in well-lit environments.
The Frame 2023 is an excellent HDR TV for gaming. It has an extremely low input lag, which is low even while playing with 10-bit HDR in 4k. The response time is excellent, so fast motion looks crisp and even an optional black frame insertion feature is available to further improve the clarity of the motion.
The Frame 2023 is a decent PC monitor for use as a TV set. Text looks incredibly sharp thanks to its 4:4:4 chrome support and 4k resolution. Low input lag and fast response time, which results in a responsive desktop experience. Its viewing angles are poor, so if you’re sitting too close the image can look washed out at the sides, but on the bright side its VA panel is immune to permanent burn-in.
The Frame 2023 has a fantastic response time; but, in the 0-20 million transitions, there is a large overshoot, which creates certain artifacts in very dark scenes.
The 2023 Frame makes use of PWM to reduce the backlight. It normally flicks at 240Hz, but when Picture Clarity is allowed, the frequency drops to 120Hz, even if the Blur and Judder reduction sliders are not changed. Enabling LED Simple Motion reduces the flickering frequency further to 60Hz.
Smart Features and Connectivity
The Samsung The Frame 2023 TV offers a range of smart features and connectivity options, enhancing your viewing experience and allowing you to access a variety of content and services.
- Smart TV Platform: The Frame 2023 is equipped with Samsung’s Tizen operating system, providing a user-friendly and intuitive smart TV platform. Tizen offers a smooth and responsive interface, making it easy to navigate through apps, settings, and other features.
- App Support: The TV comes preloaded with popular streaming apps like Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Disney+, Hulu, and YouTube, giving you access to a vast library of movies, TV shows, and other online content. Additionally, the Samsung App Store offers a wide selection of apps, allowing you to customize your entertainment options.
- Voice Control: The Frame 2023 supports voice control functionality, enabling you to control the TV using voice commands. It is compatible with popular voice assistants such as Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant. You can use voice commands to change channels, adjust volume, launch apps, search for content, and control other compatible smart devices.
- Screen Mirroring and Mobile Connectivity: With the built-in screen mirroring feature, you can mirror the screen of your compatible smartphone, tablet, or laptop directly to the TV. This allows you to share photos, videos, and other content on the larger screen. The TV also supports mobile connectivity, allowing you to control certain TV functions and access content using your smartphone or tablet via the Samsung SmartThings app.
Warranty and Support
Samsung provides warranty coverage and support for the Samsung The Frame 2023 TV, ensuring peace of mind and assistance in case of any issues or concerns.
- Warranty Coverage: The specific warranty coverage may vary depending on the region and country where the TV is purchased. It is recommended to consult the warranty documentation provided by Samsung or check the manufacturer’s website for detailed information on the warranty period and what it covers. Generally, Samsung offers a limited warranty that covers manufacturing defects and malfunctions during the specified warranty period.
- Customer Support: Samsung provides customer support services to assist customers with any inquiries, troubleshooting, or technical issues they may encounter with the Samsung The Frame 2023 TV. Customer support can be reached through various channels such as phone, email, or live chat. It is advisable to visit the Samsung support website or contact their customer support directly for assistance and guidance.
- Online Resources: Samsung offers an extensive online support portal where users can access a wealth of information, user manuals, FAQs, and troubleshooting guides for their products. The online resources provide step-by-step instructions and solutions to common issues, helping users resolve minor problems without the need for contacting customer support.
Can I display my own artwork on Samsung The Frame 2023 TV?
Yes, Samsung The Frame 2023 TV offers an Art Mode that allows you to display your own artwork or photographs when the TV is idle. You can upload your images through the SmartThings app or connect a USB drive to the TV to showcase your personal art collection.
What is the Art Store, and how does it work?
The Art Store is an online gallery of artwork that you can access through Samsung The Frame 2023 TV. It offers a wide selection of art pieces from various genres and artists. You can choose to purchase individual artworks or subscribe to the Art Store for a curated collection of artworks updated regularly.
Can I change the display settings for artwork in Art Mode?
Yes, you can customize the display settings for artwork in Art Mode. Samsung The Frame 2023 TV provides options to adjust brightness, color tone, matting, and motion sensor sensitivity. These settings allow you to personalize the artwork display according to your preferences and the lighting conditions in your space.
How does the motion sensor work in Art Mode?
The motion sensor in Samsung The Frame 2023 TV detects movement in the room and automatically turns off the display if no one is present. When someone enters the room, the TV senses the motion and turns on the display, showcasing the artwork. This feature helps conserve energy and creates a more interactive experience.
Can I control other smart home devices with Samsung The Frame 2023 TV?
Yes, Samsung The Frame 2023 TV is compatible with various smart home devices through its SmartThings platform. You can use the TV as a central hub to control and monitor compatible smart devices such as lights, thermostats, cameras, and more, all from the convenience of your TV screen.
Does Samsung The Frame 2023 TV support voice search for content?
Yes, Samsung The Frame 2023 TV supports voice search functionality. Using the remote control or compatible voice assistants like Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant, you can search for specific movies, TV shows, or other content by simply speaking your search queries.
What is the One Connect Box, and why is it beneficial?
The One Connect Box is a separate box that comes with Samsung The Frame 2023 TV. It houses most of the TV’s connectivity ports, including HDMI, USB, and other inputs. This design allows for easier cable management and a cleaner look since only one nearly invisible cable connects the One Connect Box to the TV.
Can I control Samsung The Frame 2023 TV with my smartphone or tablet?
Yes, Samsung The Frame 2023 TV supports mobile connectivity through the Samsung SmartThings app. By downloading the app on your smartphone or tablet, you can control the TV, access content, and manage settings wirelessly from your mobile device.
Is there an ambient mode available?
Yes, Samsung The Frame 2023 TV offers an Ambient Mode that allows the TV to blend with its surroundings even when it’s not in use. In Ambient Mode, the TV can display information such as weather updates, news headlines, or even mimic the texture of the wall behind it, making it a seamless part of your home decor.
For most uses, the Frame 2023 is a good TV. It offers decent picture quality with most content, and due to its low input lag and support for VRR, it offers an outstanding gameplay experience.
Its increased contrast ratio makes it a good choice for viewing the darkroom, and it’s getting bright enough to overcome glare. Unfortunately, it has rather poor viewing angles, so if your seating arrangement requires you to look from the side it’s not the most ideal.